Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Turnbull rules out Lib leadership

High profile Environment Minister Malcolm Turnbull says he doesn't foresee himself as a future leader of the Liberal Party.

The Environment Minister said today Treasurer Peter Costello would be the party's next leader, a sentiment echoed by Foreign Affairs Minister Alexander Downer.

At a joint media conference in Adelaide, Mr Turnbull and Mr Downer said there was no question Mr Costello would be the next Liberal leader.

"Alexander and I agree, Peter Costello will be the next leader of the Liberal Party," Mr Turnbull told reporters.

"I don't foresee myself as being anything other than the Member for Wentworth and the Minister for the Environment.

"I live very much in the here and now, I have learnt in my life that if you focus on doing the job that you have got well, do the task at hand well, then the future will look after itself.


The Age

No comments:

Post a Comment

All content that comes from Wikipedia is used under license. Terms available here